Tequila, Tacos & Taxes: An Overview of Mexico’s Tax & E-Invoicing System
Join us on Wednesday, September 11 at 15:00 London BST for an in-depth look at Mexico's local and international tax system with a particular focus on the country's revolutionary e-invoicing system. Obviously, tacos and tequila shots are not included.
In this webinar, you will learn all about Mexico's domestic and international tax system, what's trending in the sector, and some of the main advantages of setting up a business in the country.
A big chunk of the event will be dedicated to Mexico's e-invoicing system, one that has led the way for other similar systems across the region.
With its use being mandatory since 2014 and now fully adopted for 100% of the country's economic transactions, the Digital Internet Tax Receipt (CFDI en español) is a structured file in XML format for electronically declaring different fiscal documents (invoices, credit notes, employee payroll, etc.,) before Mexico's tax authority. Since its implementation, the CFDI has grown in success with the volume of digital invoices issued between 2011 and 2017 close to quadrupling from 1.7 billion to 6.5 billion.
Given its efficiency, plenty of countries throughout Latin America and the rest of the world have studied Mexico's CFDI in an effort to develop and improve their own e-invoicing systems.
Are you looking to learn more about Mexican tax and the country's trend-setting e-invoicing system?
What Will Be Discussed?
Here are some of the questions that will be discussed during our event:
- What's currently trending when it comes to taxation in Mexico?
- What are some of the main tax advantages available to foreign companies setting up in Mexico?
- What's Mexico's position vis-à-vis BEPS and some of the other OECD and EU-led tax initiatives?
- How far reaching is Mexico's revolutionary e-invoicing system?
- How has electronic accounting and e-invoicing helped the Mexican economy?
- Are there any challenges posed by the country's current e-invoicing system? Any improvements coming online to ameliorate these?
- How has the US's 2017 tax reform affect the Mexican economy?
- And plenty more!
Do you have any additional questions for our panelist? If so, make sure you submit them below.
Mexican Tax Presenter
Jesús Ramírez, Tax Manager, Grupo Posadas, Mexico
Jesús Ramírez is a Tax Manager with Grupo Posadas, one of Mexico's largest and most important hotel companies with 8 brands that include more than 130 hotels with more than 22,000 rooms.
Jesús is an accountant with more than 9 years of experience in the field. Besides his current job at Grupo Posadas, he has also worked as a Corporate Tax Consultant for Televisa, one of Latin America's largest multimedia mass media company, and Tax Manager for Mountrigi Management Group Ltd., in Switzerland.
Hope you can join us!